Peacock TV was designed and launched to rival some of its powerful competitors like Netflix, HBO, Hulu, and CBS. Unlike the listed providers, Peacock TV offers a free tier. The premium package costs $5 and ad-free Premium is priced at $10 per month. If you opt-in for the premium package, you will have to endure annoying ads while watching your favorite movie or a TV show. However, if you go with ad-free Premium, you will be able to enjoy watching your shows without distracting ads popping up every few minutes.
Peacock TV is a free app developed by Peacock TV LLC. It provides a lot of exclusive movies and TV shows for streaming. This app is rated at 3.3/5.0 on Google Play Store with more than 12,000 votes. The users are complaining about the bugs present in the Peacock TV interface, but that’s something we will discuss later.
This app passed the security test for virus, malware and other malicious attacks and doesn't contain any threats.
● A huge database of movies and TV shows, some of which is streaming exclusively on Peacock. Peacock TV also features the news section. You can be up to date at all times, 24 hours a day.
● Three tiers. Peacock TV also features a free tier along with two paid ones.
● Peacock is available for all Android devices, including a phone, tablet, desktop computer, or even a TV.
● Included Chromecast. Do you not like watching movies on your phone or tablet? No worries, hop over to the Chromecast section and transfer the movies on your big-screen TV.
● You can enjoy movies and TV shows with just a free version.
● Peacock TV has a huge library of 25,000 watchable hours of content.
● No ability to skip commercials unless you have a paid package.
● The shows are limited. You will not be able to watch every movie or a TV show that’s included in the Peacock TV library.
“I have been using this app for years now and the only problem I face is the ads. Other than that, everything looks perfect. Many thanks to the Peacock team.”
“This app is mostly great. The built-in apps are nothing since this application is free as well. I didn’t expect free tier 1 to go along way, but I’ve watched most of my favorite movies and did not have to pay a dime."
“The free version is good, but the paid one is even better. I don’t like to get distracted while watching my favorite movies. The ad-free premium plan allows me to watch anything without being distracted. However, there still are some things to be worked on, like the heavy interface and design."
"Absolutely love it, many thanks to Peacock TV team. I have enjoyed the recommendation bar so much. It feels a lot like Netflix, but with a considerably small package. Nevertheless, as long as the paid apps go this is fine."
If you want to enjoy movies without being distracted, go with the premium ad-free package. However, if you don’t mind some app here and there, you are free to use the free tier.